Thread: Total Newbie.

Banned

Total Newbie.

Hey, my mamanger at work bought a new dell computer and he is a total newbie to computers. I told him i got two monitors he almost fell unconcious. j/k. he wants to learn html programming, i can get him an e-book on that but he is also an extreme newbie to the computer world, he doesnt know the basics of computers, so does anybody know of any free program that shows you how to use a PC., with animations and stuff, or any good e-book for extreme new users.
    Tx

hmm maybe you should try searching google
    no really...i know there is that book win xp for newbies or something...it must be online also
    i belive he has x right since its a new computer...if you cant find it...he can buy it..its a total newbie book just as you described it
    btw: i know you know this book cause i remember me and you looking in best buy around the software section and the booksection is like next to it...you even laughed when you saw that book

I heard a couple people say these are good (at school... total noobs)... however I've heard bad things about them (by more experienced users).

I have never used them myself... but for "free" *plus 6.95 shipping* you can try one out.

http://www.videoprofessor.com/
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I've seen that video-professor guy so much on TV I think I know his commercials by heart now.

-offtopic-

From what I understand, the shipping is what they (professor) pay to UPS or whatever shipper and the handling is what they receive, right? And that's how video-professor makes his money?

Always wondered about that.

.dublix

AO French Antique News Whore
    Windows for Dummie?

You cannot go wrong with those!!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

GreekGoddess
    This is a good start:

http://www.footefamily.org/train/train.htm

and this site is absolutely excellent for free courses ranging from beginner to advanced:

http://www.itcrunch.com

He might like to try the "European Computer Driver's Licence" You can get books and interactive CDs for it. Aimed at the User community, and it is a recognised user competence qualification over here.

Cheers

Windows for Dummie?
    thats the one ...this book is really made for newbies...i dun get one thing...
    If your a newbie and need a book to get to know windows...and there is this book 'windows for dummies' ...like doesn't it make you feel stupid...its like calling them dummie
    thank god im not in the need for shitty books like that
    peace

Banned
    Funny thing about the video-professor dude is I seem to remember him on TV one time and he inserted his disk into the CD-tray but instead of pressing the close button he mashed the tray in. Sure after a little push it'll automaticly close but given time on some of these older desktop computers you can also damage your computer like this.

Whimpy noob today... cocky end user who uses CD-trays as cup holders tomarrow.