Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MsMittens' Security Bible?

Seeing how as you have to get your book checked and so on, and you dont want it bagged by critics. An up to date definition of all types of hackers, and your personal hacking code of ethics would go down well.

I guess if you want it to be valuable in a year or so, you have to make your walkthroughs general. And so if it is to be used as a walkthrough you cant copy from the book you have to use your own brain at the same time. (if you get it, i dont really (tired))

Sign me up as a Beta reader!

Sweet MsM. Guess what 275 POST!!!! I am ADDICTED! Seriously, congrats on the book. I'll take a gander if I see it.

-Cheers-

Banned
    I'd buy the book. The topics you covered seem pretty much interesting. Maybe you could also write how some of the security software works, honeypots, firewalls, anti-viruses, maybe a little bit on spyware, Some newer techniques hackers are using, social engineering, and so on. The titile coule be MsM Security Bible.

First of all good luck.... i think that only the title should change a bit....also have you considered speaking a bit about ip spoofing (it is a subject not very often referred and even if it entails a lot of basic knowledge it could be a good idea...)
    Anyway i am looking forward to read this book (will it have a electronic publication?)
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????
    Screw you guys I am going home!-Kartman

I would definately buy that if no other reason than to get the wargames thing in print. And nobody other than me would probably want this but I think it would be nice to have a guide on the use of things like GnuGP and PGP.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

No matter what you call it MsM, I think you should give everyone on AO a free autographed copy.

Cheers:
    DjM

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    I second that, DjM, but I'd limit it to Addict or above. (It pays to have seniority)

Also, maybe post excerpts in the Insight newsletter, for the noobs and Jr Members like me.

Thumbs up mittens book

Go for it mittens, Ill take a copy. In my short time here you have already helped me without making me feel stupid. One of the things I started looking into this site for but havent got to yet was questions for parents. The kids are on and gone before we know it. Have picked up a few tricks but am sure there is much more. Please include a chapter. Thanks

i would like the book to be advanced, although that is not good for making money it would be good for reading it.

mittens book

cant a book or tutorial or books be for begginers and advanced users?