Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacksun.box.sk gone?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Blacksun.box.sk gone?

http://blacksun.box.sk/

UPDATE: Jan 20, 0943 gmt

Vegas and myself (njan) spoke to aztek with regard to bsrf's future and cube's dropping of hosting for bsrf; we came to an amicable agreement and a common understanding of the situation - aztek will be moved to the retired members list, along with cyberwolf, cyru5, fang, and raven. I asked aztek to contribute a paragraph briefly explaining how he feels about our state of affairs, which is published in full here:

I came into BSRF about three years ago, under the watchful and caring wing of Cyberwolf. As I learned more and wrote more, I raised in the ranks of BSRF, this being shortly after the sudden and melodramatic departure of the commendable raven. Before I knew it I was a senior member along with Cyberwolf, Mikkkeee, and DigitalFallout. Together I would like to think I helped them rebuilt Blacksun to a point I was proud to say I was a member of. But in the past year or so our activeness has dwindled and members have become scarce. When njan showed up and started to act to rebuild our beloved community at first I was excited. At the time I was already planning to retire as my 'real life' (yes some of us have those) became increasingly important to me. When I was told the idea to change servers I became entailed. Adamantly I am largely loyal to my box.sk family which has always been there for myself and ultimately Blacksun. I was appalled at the idea of turning down free hosting from box that has been our staple for so long. At the meeting on Sunday I expressed myself though shortly. I feel I didn't get my point across before I received a phone call and had to attend to family business. Like always family has come first for me, even during a meeting to decide the fate of my treasured Blacksun. Though I still partially feel moving from our ancestral home on box is a bad idea, I recognize this as a time to move on. It is with this that I throw in my towel. Lately I feel I have had no time for my normal activities let alone Blacksun. I am still going to remain steadfast in the community and shall be around IRC. Lately I have started my own blog/article dump on www.catdevnull.net and I will continue to write and code which will be shared here in the brotherhood that is Blacksun. *passes torch to njan*
    They were interesting but I guess this means another site... gone.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

What was the site about?
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Banned
    Blacksun gone. Wow, the times they are a changing. Raven was a damn good tutorial writer, some of the first I really thought were interesting.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    ____A brief explanation to all concerned as to what, precisely, is going on. If you're a user who wasn't expecting this message and doesn't know what changes bsrf is enduring at the moment, you may as well skip reading this and come back in a week or two's time when we have our content back online again; there isn't anything here at the moment which you can read.
    thats from the same link.... looks like they are not really gone, just down for a little while??
    I think aztek is just gone and njan (with Vegas help) will be taking over.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I was about to say 'arseholes' cos I too liked BlackSun... however I'd recommend people read the whole article it is not quite so dismal - I'd go along with Souleman

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

when they come back i hope they update their books section. too many broken links or sites in chinesse.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The site has been dying. I nor any other member had the time to run it. So I handed it to njan and I will occasionally still write for them. About the books section I am unsure as that was the brainchild of Mikkkeee and I am not sure as to his involvement in the future of Blacksun.
    AZTEK

Originally posted here by AZTEK
    The site has been dying. I nor any other member had the time to run it. So I handed it to njan and I will occasionally still write for them. About the books section I am unsure as that was the brainchild of Mikkkeee and I am not sure as to his involvement in the future of Blacksun.
    True, the site may be dying but the Box Network will continue to grow.
    Black Sun Research Facility BSRF
    In the meantime, the #bsrf IRC continues to thrive; we're available at blacksun.box.sk:6667 or chat.box.sk:6667 (both of which are sphere irc servers).
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Originally posted here by Cope57
    True, the site may be dying but the Box Network will continue to grow.
    I see box growing alot in the future. Marek asked me to bring the ircd back online at chat.box.sk and we are trying to link up a network of servers. Though blacksun is no longer hosted by box.sk. They have the dns blacksun.box.sk but it points to a server on a machine donated and ran by an anonymous befenfator that they have refused to tell anyone including me (partially the reason I didn't want to move from box).
    AZTEK

I found this after I saw that bsrf was gone:

http://www.bsrf.org.uk/

It doesn't have much but they say that they are the new home of bsrf and they do also have all of the great tutorials so for any of you looking for bsrf I hope this helps.

weirddood55