Thread: Hacking Direct TV.

Hacking Direct TV.

I was curious what is involved in smart card hacking. I have a friend who purchased a glitcher off the internet and was showing me how easy it was to program a direct tv card, but wouldn't tell me the details. I don't have Direct TV myself, but I would still like to know about it.

Direct tv has cracked down huge, they have been suing anyone who has bought a programmer that they can find (even those who have not used it for anything to do with tv) , You can find sites with tech pertaining to it with google "hack direct tv" . But they are more end more underground, offshore or "members only" due to increased legal threats , Here in canada they have started to go after distributors but it is still commonplace to see ads for "free satellite" as direct tv cannot legally sell there service in canada so it has been common place to pirate it (a friend of a friend of mine is retired at ~40 years old ,after programming cards for the last 10 years) Pretty interesting stuff. I don't watch tv so i have not explored tv hacking to much though. It is quite interesting and security has become a priority for direct tv and it is a cat and mouse game just like with computers direct tv does something new ,someone bypasses it direct tv changes......on and on
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

well, my friend was programming a HU card and was showing me the step by steps, but he would not tell me what is programmed into the script or the exact process of the steps. I think he learned from someone and doesn't exactly "know" what he is doing. I wouldn't mind seeing the source to one of these scripts.

I e-mailed one of the companies and they game me some information, it must be trick site, because he have me the exact specs to use it on Direct TV. is this all the glitchers work for? Again, I don't have Direct TV I am just curious.. I 'm stuck with Comcast and I'm raped for it every billing period.

I don't remember the site now, but I there was a site once that sold the cards, and card programmers. They were located in the Bahamas though. lol

I almost decided to buy a combo from then but thought I better not.
    =

There are resourses out there but they are getting harder to find. The best thing to do is look at the code, it's apparently rediculously simple. My sister and her bf bought the dish and reciever for 299 CDN (like 200 USD give or take.) and they get 3 months of programming for 50 bucks. If they get zapped they reprogram the card. They picked up the programmer for like 50 bucks (CDN) and the guy they get the program off of emails it to them whenever they need it. They also have the software for developing the code yourself. Try and find a copy of the software that is prolly your best bet.

Damn.. this is a pretty shitty 1000th post... oh well

Peace,
    HT

I would be careful with anything like that, just for the sole reason that you can never be sure of what you're getting.

On a side not, the local cable company found a way to deal with piracy. If they catch you pirating cable, they send a representative to your house to try and sell it to you.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Originally posted here by D0pp139an93r
    I would be careful with anything like that, just for the sole reason that you can never be sure of what you're getting.

On a side not, the local cable company found a way to deal with piracy. If they catch you pirating cable, they send a representative to your house to try and sell it to you.
    Funny story. We used to have cable internet. So we just unfiltered the cable and had all the channels. This was for like a year until we cancelled our cable internet and they came out and put a filter on. They also left us a notice that said our TV had been cut off and if we wanted to we could contact them in the next 48 hours and they'd waive the $80 connection fee. We went out and pirated cable again. New people moved in and they came by and saw we'd done it again and refiltered it and did the same thing. Left us a note saying we'd been cut off and we could contact them in the next 48 hours and they'd waive the $80 connection fee (kinda sad that they charge 80 bux to take off a filter). This time they were smart and installed a new cable box and locked it. We didn't yet have our lock picks (now we do... so it'd be easier) so we took one of those plates that normally covers your daughtercard slots on the back of the PC (Do they have a technical name?) and we heated it up til it was red hot on the stove and used it to cut the plastic box open. We unfiltered everyone in the building, and then sealed it back up. New people moved in upstairs and didn't know they already had cable, the cable company came and saw this, refiltered us... Then they left another note saying if we called in 48 hours they'd waive our connection fee. However this time they went up to the post and removed the cable run that came down to our apt. Now instead of their being 5 cable lines into the apt, there are 4 and there's an empty spot up the post in the back yard. We're moving so we didn't reconnect it. However when we were investigating we found another cable run hooked up and ran through the grass down the road about 5 houses and into a guys basement window. He went up the post and is pirating from there.... Smart guy if you ask me...

Anyways I find it kinda humerous.

Peace,
    HT

As someone who pays for DirecTV (not bragging, just sayin'), I found this Superbowl story from three years ago funny. Clever "retaliatory hacking" on the part of the DirecTV folks.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...3218&mode=flat
    http://www.interesting-people.org/ar.../msg00051.html

Enjoy