Thread: I've got this msg...

I've got this msg...

Hi all, I want to Install one software (firewall software) in my company, then this msg was come out"Installation error, You must have local administratorrights to install or uninstall this program", so how can i disable this and continuing my installation... im using WinXP.

Please download msg pic...

Well did you login as administrator, or into a account with administrator rights?
    =

You shouldn't need to install a firewall on the computer and as far as getting around it is not a good idea. Best thing to do is talk to the administrator of the company and see if he or she will install it for you but most likely the answer is going to be no because of security issue's it could bring up

As mentioned by members earlier..

Remember it is Administrator account of your local PC ,not any other network PC's admin id....... Or yes any other account on ur PC which has administrator rights....

Regards

kalp
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****

I have seen a situation like this where the user profile was corrupted. You could log in, and use the machine, but some permissions did not work?

The simple solution was to create a new user profile with the correct permissions and delete the old one.

I never found out what the cause of the problem was just one of those weird one-offs I suppose?

Hope this helps

Cheers

Developer Extraordinar
    The best way would probably be to contact your local administrator. Your company should already have firewall software installed anyways. I'm assuming you can't install anything else, can you? Your best bet would be to talk to someone in charge.

Peace

MB