Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions...

Developer Extraordinar

Some suggestions...

First of all; prune forums older than a certian date, into a forum/thread where users can view them, but not read them, or post Antipoint to them. Call it "The Archives" or something.

Secondly, close the non-sensial thread. Some users have nearly 1000 posts in that one thread alone.

Total Posts: 6,363
    User Posts
    cheyenne1212 874
    DeadAddict 849
    Nightfalls_Girl 676
    If this a security forum, why have a thread where half a users posts are, that isn't even related t security, I feel it is time it should be shut down.

Bring back the tools-and-toys, they were great, yeah, I know you can still get to it by going to http://www.antionline.com/tools-and-toys/ but some of the stuff is gone, and nto evreyone knows about it.

Peace

MB

I see what you mean. I have read through some old posts that were around 30 pages long and most of the chit chat was between the same 5 people. However, who decides what stays and what goes and who is going to clean all this stuff? I'm sure it will help clean up the servers and make everything a little easier to manuever through, but we have the same problem of 21 threads being opened on the same subject and the data being spread throughout and you have to scan all of them to get the data you need.

Banned
    cheyenne1212 874

Thats fecking crazy.

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah... that would give him senior member two times, in one thread, not even related to security, or even computers...

Peace

MB

Banned
    I dont have anything against the thread, yeah some members got their statuses in there, but i think everybody has their own perpesctive of another member, whether he is worthy of his posts or not, or whether he is a contributing and smart member. Yeah i have lot of post in there, but i post in there for fun, you can take all the post away from everybody in that thread, I dont think anybody would care too much. At least i won't.

Developer Extraordinar
    It's not the fact they "gained there statuses" there (Becasue in my mind, they didn't, they just got a bar under their name) it's the fact the largest thread in a Securty website, is a thread about bullshit.

I have another suggestion, after seeing that bullshit on the front page, don't allow the pruned threads to be bumped.

Banned
    Well yeah, but at least it's not on the main page, then it would disturb me too. I guess it's up to the mods to close it. Or not.

Developer Extraordinar
    Speaking of the main page... what is going on over there?

I have another suggestion, after seeing that bullshit on the front page, don't allow the pruned threads to be bumped.
    I second that..

I thought we had an awful lot of new members :P

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I've sent your suggestions to intmon and crew, MicroBurn. And one of those suggestions was that threads over 6 months not be bumpable.

I'm in the process of tracking down the person who is doing this.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage