Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd thing just happend.

Odd thing just happend.

I was just typing a pm and then suddenly the page forwarded me to http://www.overlandstorage.com/reopr...ipermedia.html

How did that happen, I was just typing away and then *poof* it took me to that page? All I had to do was hit the back button on my browser and I was able to finish typing the pm. Weird, just thought I'd mention it.

wft, right as I previewed this post it did it again, this time it took me here: http://forms.frontrange.com/form.asp...011404&rc=H61B

.dublix

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Is it possible that your browser had one of the ads highlighted and then as you hit return or another key, it actually activated the link to the ad?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I don't know what to say, unless its a piece of spyware.. I sent you a PM and joined this thread without a problem.

That could be it, didn't think about that. I have all of the ad images for this site blocked through firebird though, so if I did, I definately wouldn't have known it.

.dublix

Are you visiting another site while visiting this one (using the same browser)?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

No mam. Back to my image blocking, that's what you call "home brewed" or a "poor man's" ad blocking (only it doesn't actually block the ad).

.dublix

Home brewed? You slapped together a script? Maybe the script has a "boo-boo" in it?

No no, I just meant the firebird "block images from so and so" feature. lol

It works for me, blocks the ad images and leaves a nice blank white space.

.dublix

Yes, I would agree. It is a nice browser and offers some decent features to customize it. I love the block pop-ups feature. It is just so fresh and so clean.

speaking of odd things, whats the deal with all these ancient threads being bumped up. They're all from 08/01 and the time they were bumped was exactly 08/01