Thread: Sir Willam of Redmond

Sir Willam of Redmond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Bill Gates, the Microsoft founder and the world's wealthiest man, is to receive an honorary knighthood for "services to global enterprise".

The recommendation that he receive the honour was made by the Chancellor, Gordon Brown. Buckingham Palace is expected to announce it tomorrow, when Mr Gates will speak at a conference on "Advancing Enterprise" organised by Mr Brown.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

now he can really give us all a royal screwing
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

ahh no.. not Sir Billy.. you brits, stand up and protest. I highly doubt us yanks would give him a medal of honor, where the heck is your country leading you to ?

grrrr..

Whilst I have been busy - either I've been too busy with other things in my life or the establishment has kept this bloody quiet until today.... not happy about this

SDG - the UK is on the slippery slope to the abyss, Gordon Brown should be shot in my considered opinion.

Incidentally... I don't know if anyone in the UK saw the TimeTeam special a few weeks ago about Richard III - but for those who didn't, did you know our legitimate monarch is an Earl who has given it all up to go live in Australia - the best bit is he's a republican . For anyone else... there is now quite solid proof that the monarchs since Henry VIII should never have been on the throne in the first place. Time for another civil war methinks

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Not to offend any of my British AOLers but isn't the Queen just giving these things away lately? Mick Jagger? Bill Gates? Who next Sid Viscious?
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Not to offend any of my British AOLers
    LOL - to be honest fourdc I'm more offended at being called an AOLer - I can't stand AOL - I'm sure you meant to say AOers

Don't know about anyone else but yeah I'd agree completely with you - it does look like the Queen is giving away these things. That being the case it really devalues the idea behind the honours list - but we all know the UK is going up the swanee

Z

Ps actually I think it'd be more worthwhile including Sid Vicious
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    My apologies, I refer to other AOL as AOSmell.

Once a king, always a king. But once a Knight is enough.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Hopefully her majesty will not miss with that sword.

It may be the world's last chance.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

The honours list is usually prepared by politicians anyway, so all you have to do is be one of Tony's cronies and there's a knighthood just around the corner. Or become editor of The Times, as that seems to guarantee honours as well.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.