Thread: Phonemsg program errors -- please help!

Exclamation Phonemsg program errors -- please help!

I'm working as a fresh new network admin., and one of our users is having problems with a program called "Phonemsg". Lucky me, I've never even dealt with the program before, so I don't know where to start. When she logs into it, the error pops up thusly: "Disk or network error." and doesn't let her on.

Is anyone familiar with this program? Where do I begin?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    PhoneMsg is an automated telephone message form. It can be run from inside or outside TeamTalk (although TeamTalk must be running). Very useful for showing the operation of a simple form for capturing specific information to be shared in TeamTalk. This is one of the more common requests from our customers. 7K, zip format. Last updated 4/7/95
    Seems to be part of the TeamTalk software from Trax Softworks. Perhaps they might be the one to ask?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Nope, that's not it, thanks for looking though. I tried to look for an "about" option anywhere in the program, and no such luck, but I did notice it is associated with some Access databases, so I'm wondering if it was built in-house (I've found they've done that with a number of software applications). I'll have to check that out...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm... can you get a screen shot? Have you checked the properties of the program (sometimes information is there). Exactly how is this program used? I figure, from the name, it is some type of voicemail prog but perhaps a little more detail might help find the answer.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage