Thread: New Programming Language for Newbies

Thumbs up New Programming Language for Newbies

Hey, all! I just thought that I would let you know of a simple programming language for newbies. I read about it from lockergnome .... www.lockergnome.com and decided I would give it a whirl as I have always wanted to learn programming skills. You can find this program at www.leopardprogramming.com .

NOTE: This is not for advanced programmers, or even moderate programmers. The purpose of this language is to encourage people to learn the basics of programming. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to start programming, but dont want the headache of trying to figure out the thick C++ manuals right off the bat ;-)

ciao
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

Well thanks for the links. I'm already well into "C/C++" But hey I love to look at that stuff so I'm downloading it right now!

Good Day

Interesting.... once agian a language where the whole thing seems alot like pascal or basic only everything is very very very simple almost to a point where no skill at all is needed. I predict in the near future there will be more & more programing job cuts in the U.S. esspecially with over-seas training on the rise and also considering how dumbed-down programing has become over the years.
    ya,

i agree totaly with the "no skill" and "job cut" portion the most.

Banned
    Humm I've been quoted.

Well for the most part atleast it can still slightly teach peaple how to think logicly. Thats a really important first step for peaple who know nothing about programing.

Thanks for the link, I have been really wanting to learn a language, and this really seems to be a very helpful link.

Thanks again

Boogymantroy

While I am already programming in other, more-advanced languages myself, this language might come in handy for small-time calculations or quickly-made programs. I'm gonna download this and try it out... this 17-year-old Brandon really is on the right track to success, eh? Thanks for the link man, and I reposted this message on CyberArmy with credits to this thread, btw.

Thumbs down Newbies dont waste your time !!

Better to not to waste your time with unfamaus langs.If you are a newbie try VB out first and then go into C++ . Dont waste your time if you wanna be a good programmer

Better to not to waste your time with unfamaus langs.If you are a newbie try VB out first and then go into C++ . Dont waste your time if you wanna be a good programmer
    Everybody has there own way of learning.

Ninja Code Monkey
    I believe that becoming a good programmer has more to do with learning the concepts behind the language and good programming/design practice than the language itself.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X