Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i need some help with my anti-virus please!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

i need some help with my anti-virus please!

hey im having a serious problem. i have an error message come up now alot and it says " this window contains popups"and it wont let me open it. it does this on nearly every window i try to right click. this isnt really to bad because i can just open it regular. but, the thing is my anti virus update is a popup window and it wont start unless u can click something in the window but, i cant see the window! help please!

im running win xp with 384 megs of ram. a P4. Dell. XP is as patched as i can get it.

Are you by any chance running a program called Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition ??

Cause if you are just simply hold the "Ctrl" key down. This will allow the window that you want to be displayed.

That's my guess ..
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

For an accurate response, you really need to include which browser and pop-up blocker you're using. You may also want to add your ISP, as snome (like AOL) have some pre-enabled pop-up blocker software. There will be an easy way to re-configure whatever it is, but we can't help without more info

im not using a pop up blocker

to my knowledge im not using any pop up blocker... none that i can see anyway... and my ISP is Yahoo SBC dial up ( gag!)

i this just started happening bout a week ago... never happend before. but i really need those AV updates soon!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Like corndog420 suggest a little more info might help.

Can you tell us what processes you have running on your computer.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

is there a way i can copy and paste the processes? because writing it all out would take a long time~!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Yahoo toolbar and IE

If you had installed yahoo toolbar recently in Internet Explorer , it will automatically stop popups (check the icon next to search web, in yahoo toolbar).

You can allow selective pop-ups by clicking the popup-blocker icon and select "Always allow pop-ups from ..." from the list in the window.

This is only when you use IE and Yahoo Toolbar.
    [glowpurple]What What will happen, will happene happen[/glowpurple]

im not positive but, i might have DL something from the tech tv website. do yall know anything that could do something like this that would be hidden?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

i havent found any programs that are pop up blockers... all it says is " this window contains popups" and i cant up it.... this is really making me mad.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted