Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MyDoom

sco.com

Did anyone see that SCO is back up and running, and on top of that, it now has a new website for its "customers wanting to view its site". I wonder how long it will be before the unknown author writes MyDoom.C to attack that one also. Any word on how the MS MyDoom is working or not working case may be?
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Rumor has it that there is a MyDoom.C and MyDoom.B (the variant expected to hit both SCO and MS) should start tomorrow late evening but the effect will be less due to fewer infected machines.

From Network Associates
    If the worm is started between February 1st, 2004 16:09:18
    (UTC) and March 1st, 2004 3:18:42 (UTC), there is an 80%
    chance that the worm will execute a DoS attack on www.sco.com . However due to a bug in the worm, this DoS attack will fail to start 75% of the time.

If the worm is started between February 3, 2004 13:09:18
    (UTC) and March 1st, 2004 3:18:42 (UTC), there is an 70%
    chance that the worm will execute a DoS attack on www.microsoft.com . However due to a bug in the worm, this DoS attack will fail to start 93% of the time.
    What I would expect is that the virus writer, if intent on continuing this, will try a new virus rather than sticking with what is known.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I agree with you mittens, I expect to see some variance of the doom viruses, however called something different. I also expect a few script kids to make similar copies of the code and begin the infection too. I wouldnt be suprised to see an increase of DOS viruses targeting SCO and MS and other sites dealing with the Unix controversy.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

So far I haven't received any MyDoom-infected files in my Inbox, but my parents have gotten three! Fortunately for them, they asked for advice before opening the strange attachments.
    [gloworange]If at first you don\'t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.[/gloworange]

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=613

Is there really obvious way to tell if you have the Mydoom virus?

Boogymantroy

Troy-

Take a look at this site:
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm

Thanks Fat P