Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE once again fails

from nihil
    A lot of sites want to use ActiveX or java.............if they are disabled in your IE security settings, then you will have trouble.

You might like to chech your security settings?
    Q-bel replied..

I have java enabled and I have practically shut down my security settings to see if it was anything related to that
    Are you saying that every thing else is disabled?

ActiveX and Java are two completly different things..so is ActiveX enabled as well?

If you are not sure just set to prompt instead of disable.. atleast then you will get a prompt asking for permission rather than being locked out..

We don't know the operating system we assume that it is WinXP.. .. I had a yaha infection in Win ME that did a a serious damage to the Registry.. it could have been repairable ..but it was quicker to clean install..

When ever fiddling with the registry or any setting in your pc.. Keep a log of what you are doing.. Backup the registry regedit-file-export).. you will be suprised what sins are cleared with a registry restore from recent backup in Win9x.. this information nay not help here but some who are stuck with Win9x may get helped..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Thank you 576869746568617 and Axeman - it turned out to be a hardware issue. I guess I left out one very important detail...my PC is overclocked a bit. P3-800MHz @ 900MHz, so 150MHz FSB instead of 133MHz. This also meant the PCI bus was running at about 37.5MHz intead of 33MHz. It turns out that my NIC doesn't like that extra 4.5MHz boost. So now I brought my FSB down to 140MHz (PCI @ 35MHz, 2MHz boost & CPU @ 840MHz) and I can suddenly load the images off of my website, and I was able to download that file without problems. Once again thanks, and now I'll have to look for a better NIC.

So Q-bel, you didn't overclock your PC did you? If you did it might be your problem like mine...although having a 401 Access Denied is very strange and I just simply got time-outs...

-Tim_axe

My problem kinda fixed when I change my computer from place, really strange cause the only thing that comes to mind is that my ip address might have been banned that day or something, dont really know. Now the other problem was some pages not opening but I think that was just the MyDoom worm sneaking up.
    I Speak in frequencies even dogs have trouble hearing