Thread: Intallation Problem SuSE Linux

Intallation Problem SuSE Linux

First off I want to say that I have RTFMed and checked online support for this subject. So far all of it fruitless.

I have SuSE Linux 8.2 Professional that I have installed before on this computer. However, I was redoing my harddrive and repartioning it more to my liking, so I wiped it clean and began to reinstall various OS's on my comp.

When I boot up from the SuSE CD OR DVD I can only get as far as selecting which install to do. Such as Installation, Installation-Safe Settings, Installation- ACPI Enabled, Manual Installation, etc., etc. After I select which one(I've tried each one) all I get is a blue line on the left of my screen and a mashed up, mostly grayish lines at the top of my screen. If I start hitting enter or other buttons, I can see the gray lines switch around like it is going through options, it's just not displayed where a human can tell what the hell is going on.

I have not changed my display card or drivers or anything really, exept upgrading my RAM a little. But the memory test says that all my RAM is fine. Since I have installed this before on my computer without this problem, I've been trying to figure out what is different now than before. But I can't think of anything.

Has anyone had this problem? Or any ideas on what's wrong?

Watcher

Dell Dimension 8200
    Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    1 GB RDRAM
    128MB NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 Tv out
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

Wow....Never really heard of this ever happening. I'm not going to lie and try to seem like I'm the best or something, because I honestly have no clue right now what is happening. I think your best bet would be to go to suse.com and look at the mailing lists, and sign up for one, and ask there. Some of the SuSE employees actually go on that list so you may want to ask there for a better answer.