Thread: aureate regkeys

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Angry aureate regkeys

I downloaded this combo IP program. I uninstalled it from my computer because
    I found that it had ad/spy ware on it! When I scanned my computer with Lavasoft Ad-ware program it still showed the stuff still on there! Its a collection of Regkeys named AUREATE! This is spyware right? But the problem is it won't let me delete it or quarantine it, It just freezes the program up! Help please!

Aureate / Radiate
    Aureate (pronounced: or'-ee-ate) is the granddaddy of the spyware systems. When the whole spyware problem came to my attention, Aureate — which later changed its name to "Radiate" because no one could figure out how to pronounce the original name — was installed in over 30 million (30,000,000) and counting Windows PC's worldwide. And, it was being carried into new machines by more than 500 "advertising supported" programs.
    Found here: http://grc.com/oo/aureate.htm
    This is a current thread that will help you: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=spyware
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I owe many thanx to you , moxnix! I found where it was hiding but it won't let me delete it! Could you help me with this?

Remember that it can help to run the removal software in safe mode.

Cheers

Nihil, thanks! I will try that! Could their IP be found?
    So I can beat the **** out of them.-jk

prost!