Thread: windows error when installing the cam driver

windows error when installing the cam driver

I am trying to install Intel webcam driver and I am getting this error msg:
    Windows encountered an error while trying to install the driver for this device Error code: 1F7
    When I click on update driver,it will ask me to install Win 98 SE cd while my OS is win 98. I tried loading my win 98 se cd but and all I am getting is "unspecified path". I dont't even know what is it trying to install.I was able to install the driver before without this so much hassle.I already downloaded the most updated driver...Still asking me to instal the windows 98 SE cd. Why is that? What's wrong? Please Help me. Tnx

BANNED
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Strange, 1F7 is a primary IDE address AFAIK, I would be inclined to associate it with a harddrive???

My first thought is "is it a USB" webcam? If it is you need to install the drivers BEFORE you attach the device.

It is strange that it is asking for the second edition CD, when you are running first edition. It sounds as if the new driver may only supprt 98se? You might check that?

You might try:

1. Uninstal the device, both physically and in hardware manager
    2. Reinstall the driver
    3. Shutdown
    4. Attach the webcam and reboot
    If it asks for the CD point it to the WIN98 folder NOT the one called drivers.

Good luck

yeah it's strange that I am running win 98 and it is asking for an SE component. Probably the driver doesn't support win 98. But it is a driver for win 98. I used to install this and it worked before. Is error 1F7 something to do with the hard drive? What is the cause? Any resolution for that? I tried downloading an update win 98 on the internet. I tried what you asked me to do nihil but the problem is my cd rom drive, it won't open anymore I know you can't help me with this problem.What is that win 98 component that's asking me to install after installing the driver? Is that component can be downloaded over the net?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Why did you start a second thread on the same subject?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi MsMittens,

I think we have two issues here, the main one seems to be the computer and it's OS and drives.

The webcam is a secondary issue, and probably belongs in a second thread anyway, as we have to fix the main box first?

Amplifiedgirl, I will edit this post in a few minutes

Cheers

EDIT:

Try booting into the BIOS (run setup) and tell us what hardware elements the BIOS sees.

You should have two IDE strings the first with your Hard drive (S) and the second with your CD drive(S)

What can you see?

Does the CD drive open when you press the button? does the light come on briefly when you boot up?

What sort of computer and components (drives etc) do you have?

Cheers

sorry ms mittens, I couldnt find the first thread i posted that's why I created a new one. Thank nihil

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Amplifiedgirl, might want to check your private messages. When I move threads, I send PMs. You probably have a few waiting from me.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

oh ok, I saw the url for my thread