Thread: closing threads

closing threads

just wanted to know that whether the no0rmal users can close a thread, or only moderators have this right?
    and if only moderators can do this, how can a normal user request them to close a thread apart from sending a PM?
    thank you all!!
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Only moderators can close a thread, but if you started it you can always delete it by going to edit then checking a box and clicking delete. But if you want it closed the best way is to edit what you said and type
    edit: Please close this forum, the couple of moderators that are in charge of stuff are always paying attention and should be able to close it asap. So I hope this helps. and welcome to AO.
    --Spy

Edit: I didnt realize you have a bunch of posts under your belt so a late hello/welcome
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Please close this forum, the couple of moderators that are in charge of stuff are always paying attention and should be able to close it asap.
    Close this forum!?! HUH?

riya_here, you can hit the REPORT button as that goes to all moderators. Just put in the reason as "Please close this thread because... " and why you want the thread closed. The other option is that you can delete your own threads.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

thanks MsMittens...
    n thanks to you too Spyrus... n please dont close the forum, just think about closing the threads...
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!