Thread: NET SEND command

NET SEND command

I am trying to send a msg over the internet using net send command. Here's what I typed in DOS: NET SEND * (ip add) (msg), i am getting an invalid command prompt. I tried to search for the right command in google and it seems like my command is right. Why can't I initiate NET SEND?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Because you aren't using Win2k or XP? That would be my first guess.

What OS are you using?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

BANNED
    shes using windows 98fe

bah im goin to bed
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

I'm using win 98...you cannot do it with win 98??? grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Elite Hacker
    for windows 98 there's a program called winpopup. It's either in the C:\WINDOWS directory or C:\WINDOWS\system. just run that and you can send net send messages with it. Not sure if it will work over the internet though. I think you have to use the NetBios name instead of the IP. But give it a shot anyway. I'm sure there are other tools out there also. Good luck.

yeah h3r3tic.. that tool only works on a LAN..

Amplifiedgirl.. even if you had XP and tried it.. it wouldn't work for those who have been smart enough to disable messenger services.. too many scriptkiddies and spam places exploited it.

NetBios? hmmm what is that?

I tried going to C:\WINDOWS\system there's bunch of programs in there, which one should I open?

winpopup.exe , you can launch it by going to Start -> Run and typing winpopup.

Netbios: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...212633,00.html
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com