Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why all just linux????

Hi Bintara,

Might I suggest that you will eventually come round to my way of thinking?

You will use whatever the guy who will sign your pay check wants you to use?

/Me I mostly use windows or expensive unix distributions............my cats get fed on a regular basis............and do not have to hunt for their food?............if that needs doing I will take care of it?

Theory is fine, economics is reality

cheers

Agreed
    B|nTaRa a.k.a s3tup

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    nihil.....gott love 'em! It just wouldn't be the same without you to make me laugh! BTW, what's you favorite "expensive distribution"?
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

I started with AIX, then moved on to SCO (no comment!!!), then Sun Solaris.............I do not actually have a "favourite".....like I said...you use what you are given?

I know that I may seem terribly mercenary and all that, but companies buy computing to run the business.....not for me to have fun?

cheers

BIOS Bomber
    bsd at first was unix, they had to take the code from AT&T out remember? they no longer have any unix code.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    Good point.
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

You know eventually someone is going to make an OS that BSD/UNIX/LINUX users will all agree on and say, "Yeah that is a good OS" instead of "Well it is a good OS, but..."

Either that or there is eventually going to be a crazy jihad and there will be millions of dead open-source programmers as well as Unix gueriila groups and Linux terrorist organizations.

Either that or just a whole lot of forum flame.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I like linux. They had a cool commercial durring the super bowl that was sponsered by IBM.

what a great slap in the face of sco
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by souleman
    I like linux. They had a cool commercial durring the super bowl that was sponsered by IBM.

what a great slap in the face of sco
    That, along with the DDoS... Today is not SCO's day...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

BIOS Bomber
    **** em they deserve it.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.