Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security Related IRC Servers?

Security Related IRC Servers?

What security related IRC servers do you guys frequent? I'd like to get to know some of the people around here. Thanks.

Follow my signature for one of them.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Developer Extraordinar
    This has been asked many times.

There's tons of IRC servers around the internet.

There's ofcourse mine:
    irc.unerror.com
    irc.unerror.net
    irc.unerror.org

We have a JAVA client here

Then there's Shrek/Martlev
    irc.shrekkie.com
    (Not sure if it's still up, thanks to Dreamworks :-(, but I know Shrek's is still around.) I'm sure someone else can point you to the right place. :-)

There's freenode
    irc.freenode.net
    It's nice, and people are always willing to help.

Peace

MB

Antionline Herpetologist
    irc.shrekkie.com doesn't exist any more. However, you can reach the server at irc.digital-conceptions.org .
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    he said security related...he didn't ask where the uberl337 know it allz from AO hung out.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Thanks for the servers guys, hope to meet you all on there.

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    Why doesn't Jupitermedia have an irc.antionline.com? I'm sure there's a good reason......but I can't think of one.
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Yeah, I remember there used to be an antionline irc server. :/ They need to bring it back up.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    because they don't want to pay for the extra bandwidth to run something that they can't advertise on. In other words, it would be providing a free service that they coudln't make any money off of.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by souleman
    because they don't want to pay for the extra bandwidth to run something that they can't advertise on. In other words, it would be providing a free service that they coudln't make any money off of.
    I hate when companies behave in that manner. You should be able to do something for your users for free. If it weren't for the users, this place wouldn't get the advertising dollars it does.

In any case, to answer the original question:
    If you click the chat link on www.pureescape.net , it'll load the java based client. You can also just use the irc client of your preference. The main room is #pureescape . The main site is similar to here, with out all the other crap that comes along with it.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com