Thread: New Owners Question

New Owners Question

recently read JP's post about enterpriseITplanet.com not knowing how to put their own ads up and what-not.....

just curious who exactly is maintaing the forums themselves if these guys arent even capable of a very simple task such as advertisements that most teenage kids can do on their own.

Also what is JP's current role on this site, does he have any sort of authority over the forums such as moderation... and are the old moderators still the moderators here and is there plan for a change in that also.

[gloworange]Sorry if this has be talked about before but this site lags too much for me recently to really be assed to search.[/gloworange]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Lag? I don't see any lag so I'm curious as to what browser and what lag issues you're having.

JP, AFAIK, is no longer involved with AO since JUPM purchase of it. It has been almost a year since they've purchased the site.

Given that I don't know which moderators you are familiar with (how far back your relationship with AO is) what I can do is tell you who the existing moderators/admins are by having you read this thread, which is a sticky in this forum.

Basically, the main mods are myself and Negative. Ennis and Terr are forum specific moderators. intmon and jupman are main administrator/contacts for Jupitermedia itself.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

You read what was basically a giant flame war. It's over, the site is fine, I have yet to see it lag, and the images server is no longer down once a week like it was before. Mnstrgrl basically spends her day in the bugs forum fixing everything anyone has a problem with.

Remember, it is a huge website with alot of content, and you should expect a few problems from time to time with a site this large. The ads are not even half as annoying as people make them out to be, and they cause no lag even on a slow connection.

And Intmon takes more **** that a toilet here from everyone bitching and moaning. I have talked to him quite a few times and he is one of the nicest people here. He can't watch every minute, he watches this site and a few others, and he comes here even on his days off.

Another thing, the ads, Jupiter Media are a business, so they get no money to help run this site. They have to have ads. Everyone bitches, but no one is giving any other great ideas. They have to make money too you know? You can't pay bills by pissing in a jar and selling it, otherwise they would have no ads.

JP isn't here a whole lot, but he does still have a gold dot, meaning he isn't going anywhere, and I'm not sure if he can still close threads or anything like that anymore, but he does have the gold dot.

MsMittens, are you and Negative going to be getting gold dots? Mods should get gold dots, and I should get blue ones lol.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    MsMittens, are you and Negative going to be getting gold dots? Mods should get gold dots, and I should get blue ones
    Not that I know of, LOL... I think it's been suggested before, although I'm not entirely sure (old age don'tcha know. Memory is the 2nd thing to go).

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks much Gore, you are a very kind soul. MsMittens, if you'd like a gold dot, just drop me a PM. I believe they were originally given out to "contributing members" which was something JP did a long time back (accept financial contributions). JP's still around, but doesn't post much these days....he's probably busy with his own site, called Yours In CyberSpace I believe.
    Thanks,
    intmon