Thread: What do they know about you?

What do they know about you?

This applies for some people in the US.

You know those Licenses that have the barcode on the back?
    Want to find out what info that the machines can get, but you can't see?

Now you can! With this toolkit!

http://turbulence.org/Works/swipe/main.html

This was just posted on slashdot... so its a bit slow.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    You think that's bad....what abouth the new military ID card...the CAC card.

It's got a magnetic strip, two barcodes (one on each side) and a microchip similar to the type found on prepaid powertel cell phone cards.
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Hmmm...i think i never saw a 2D barcode....i saw those with lines everyday...plus there is like a font in that format but what about the 2D now? ...is it better than the original with lines or why are they using that one now....lol this might sound crazy but maybe in future....they use something like 3D barcodes

The only reason I can think of is encripting, and better use of space. Encripting is the main reason... and ofcourse, if you would use line bar code to store more information than just one number it would be sooooo long...

And don't forget the false sence of "security" and "privacy"
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.

I just tried it on my box....it doesn't give any information that isn't on the front of your license but a cool app none the less. Thanx for the link phreek.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey