Thread: my task manager

my task manager

ok i have a lil problem....everytime i go to kill a process in my task manager by hitting ctrl+alt+delete my taskmanager comes up but not the title bar and drop down bar on it...its weird. So when im done killin the process that i want to like hl.exe i have to killl the taskmanager process too before i can close that, b/c the close option doesnt show up on it in the right hand corner.

What operating system are you using?

When task manager appears, is it in a smaller window, or full screen?

Cheers

you could try a different progie to kill process such as winsonar...

can you post a screen shot?
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

yes ill post a screen shot. Im running windows xp. The taskmanager comes up in a smaller window not full screen, ill get you a screen shot when i get home (at school).

ok here is a pic of it, in its gay self

You might try going into <control panel> and <display> and check/change the "theme" and "appearance" settings to see if it makes a difference.

It looks like some sort of corruption? does it happen when you login to just your desktop? you seem to have a lot of other stuff open, which might be the problem?

If you can get into it normally without other windows open, try going into options and making sure that "always on top" is checked. Then it should overlay the other stuff?

Good luck

That is simply double clicking on the Task Manager. It is a default behavior and is fairly useful. Just double click somewhere on the border area and it will return to normal.

This is short, but I'm sure it helps.

rofl thx man i been tryin to figure out wth was wrong with it for a few weeks now, and it just so happens to be that easy rofl, i feel stupid now. But thanks alot man