Thread: Recycle User Names

Recycle User Names

I think there should be a form to allow the recycle of old user names or for another individual to claim an OLD USER NAME that was banned.

I used to be Joey_Batch_File and I was banned for the misuse of AP's in which a large amount of individuals were accused of Mass Sharing or Mass Negging of AP's. I to this day (DENY) any real involvement in this activity and would really like to have access to my original account. I know it can be done. Our good buddy Jenhx has proved this. What do you say?

Banned
    Many names have a bad reputation, so i wouldnt recoomned to anybody to use old names, they could get negged and banned by some "enemy" members of that username. And for your username you should contact Intmon and ask him nicely and explain the situation. Also i would suggest that every account that is being brought back is being set to deafult. 0 posts and 15 AP's. Intmon said that olod usernames won't be re-activated again because of the ratman/creative, insident. But you could PM him and ask him.

That said, going forward we will not be re-activating any previously banned accounts, so please do not ask.

Thanks,
    intmon
    I believe intmon's reply in this thread answers your question. In short, your out of luck.

Cheers:
    DjM

Banned
    And i like Info Tech Geek anyways better. And everybody knows you by that name, and you have all your earned AP's and stuff. Why go back?

Originally posted here by MemorY
    Many names have a bad reputation, so i wouldnt recoomned to anybody to use old names, they could get negged and banned by some "enemy" members of that username. And for your username you should contact Intmon and ask him nicely and explain the situation. Also i would suggest that every account that is being brought back is being set to deafult. 0 posts and 15 AP's. Intmon said that olod usernames won't be re-activated again because of the ratman/creative, insident. But you could PM him and ask him.

I agree with MemorY, i would hate to see some n00bie given any "Banned" account, as there is a reason why members get "Banned".
    So i think that it's a good idea that these user names/handles should NOT be brought back into existence..
    I know that with a past account, i DID get into Mischief, so i'd really hate for that account to be re-activated for any reason, as it's just got a bad reputation stuck to it.
    And i'd hate for some inocent n00bie to cop the flack so to speak, so i support "Banned" accounts stay "Banned".

cheers
    ..::front2back::..