Thread: Weird Ip addresses on my comp

Weird Ip addresses on my comp

i was doing some stuff on my computer the other day and i for some reason did an nslookup without specifying an address afterwards and it gave me this wierd ip address that i've never seen before. i know that my local network address is 192.168.0.x and my ip address that shows up on the internet is 24.x.x.x, but the one that came up when i did the nslookup(without specifying an ip) was 63.240.x.x and it was named something like ns14.attbi.com. anybody know what this address is? i thought that it might be the server at my central office that im getting on the internet from. [gloworange]thanx for the help[/gloworange]

if you've just typed nslookup you've just looked up your nameserver as the 'ns' in the name implys 'ns14.attbi.com'
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Developer Extraordinar
    I believe the 24.x.x.x is a IP range for cable, because mine is 24.x.x.x and I'm on cable. The 63.240.x.x would be the name server (everytime you time in a web domain or address, it requests the IP from that computer) from the Attbi.com name servers.

Peace

MB