Thread: Online Bookmarks

Online Bookmarks

Many of you may be in the same situation that I am in; I hop around from different computers throughout the day. I bookmark my favorites, but when I get home, I forget what those links were. So I decided to use google and find something that will let me post my bookmarks online. I found www.mybookmarks.com. The downside to this is you have to download a program to import your favorites list and I dont know if it contains spyware etc. Scans came back clean, but ya never know. I havent researched it that well either. All around it works like it should, remembering my favorites. I like the private and public feature if you do want to share your favorites/bookmarks. Anyways, if anyone has a link to a site that hosts your bookmarks but doesnt require a software download, please reply to this. Thanks.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Well if you use IE you could always just copy the favorites folder onto a floppy or CD and take it with you (the ole sneaker network protocol). I do it everytime just before I reformat the HD.

I guess you could email yourself the links. Or open up the history folder in c:\windows\history and then press Print Screen and then paste that in word or whatever and then print it out on paper.

yes, that would work, but gosh luggin a floppy around lol now i could use my usb drive....i was actually just lookin to be able to merge all of them in to one location and easily edit them etc.
    email would work too but thats alot of steps to do just for one more link....I was looking for something that when you add a link to your favorites on the pc...it automatically adds it to your online links
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Yep the weight of that floppy might tear a pocket or two.....lol. I'll do a search as well and let you know if I find any. Good luck

Depending on whether or not the computers are all yours and what operating systems they're running, it should just be possible to simply synchronize them.

Then again, if you wanted to, you could post the links on your website.

I.E. http://www.yourdomain.com/you/hidden...bookmarks.html

That's plenty universal.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

SonofGalen, yes I own my own domain name, and all the computers, but, they are business machines (used in an internet cafe) and I dont want to give access to those bookmarks. Also, I would have to upload via FTP correct? Thats how I currently upload to the website. Which if that is the case, and I do make that link (or something like it) I would have to install and setup an FTP program too. Im beginning to think , using mybookmarks.com or something similar might be the easiest solution. Through the site I can manually add a URL, and if I install the software, I can import my current favorites.

You don't need to install any software, or download the links. You can just keep a copy of the links on the one page, and memorize the address to it. From there, you click on the links.

Just an idea. Enjoy.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

I don't know if you knew or where aware but internet explorer offers a feature to import your fav. You could put them on a floppy disk like the person above said, Go to file > import> and you will know what to do from there, This is for Windows. Also, if you are using windows on all of your machines, then Msn Explorer when you save something into the fav. it saves them online, where ever you are in the world, when you sign into msn explorer your fav. will always be there.
    \"It\'s true you can be anything you want, but it\'s far easier when your ambition is complimented by the ambition of others\"

their disclaimer sounds a bit scarry to me

some exerpts:
    In consideration for this Service, Member agrees to:
    (1) provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about Member as prompted to do so by the Service and (2) maintain and update this information as required to keep it current, complete and accurate.

Member grants MyBookmarks or its designee the right to disclose to third parties certain Registration Data about Member and Service membership, and all Bookmarks in the aggregate;

Member acknowledges and agrees that Bookmarks stored at MyBookmarks may be monitored and used to: (1) display advertisements relevant to the Bookmarks; (2) collect and publicly publish Bookmarks which MyBookmarks deems popular and of general interest.
    But those are in all free services
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I agree with ya jinx, almost all free providers will advertise some way or another. Reason why I make ficticious email addresses, that only contian spam. I dont like when they have to email you your password before logging in, then you cant fake an email address. Thank you corrupted for your contribution. MSN explorer is what I was looking for, a browser that can automatically save links online. Im sure MSN has some sort of disclaimer saying if you use their service MS will be plasterd on all your PCs (or something else really rediculus).