View Poll Results: Are you on the RIAA hit-list?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

21 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning After Pill vs The Pharmacist

AO Part Timer

Question Morning After Pill vs The Pharmacist

"Apparently there was a request for a prescription to be filled and the prescription was denied based on a moral or ethical decision made by the pharmacist
    Full Story Here

So what do you guys think?

IMHO, People Like aircraft pilots don't get to decide who fly's on their planes. A teacher can't decide who to teach based on her religion. The pill is legal, so what is the problem. Do what you are getting paid to do. If you can't handle the fact that everything isn't always gonna go with your ideas and views, then perhaps you need another job.

If you are against this type of thing, don't do it. Don't further victimize an already victim.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Let me guess, if he was Catholic he wouldn't sell any birth control products either.

But if he owns the drug store, its his choice. The customer could go to another drug store, then write a letter to the editor of the local paper and the pharmacist could either increase his business or lose it.

The company that made Diskkeeper software made a stand once against a pharmaceutical company. They wouldn't sell them the software because the company made Ritalin. (about 15 years ago)
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

AO Part Timer
    The company that made Diskkeeper software made a stand once against a pharmaceutical company. They wouldn't sell them the software because the company made Ritalin. (about 15 years ago)
    That is interesting, because now they hand out ritilan like it is candy.

Thank for your opinion, I just wanted some feedback from others.

"Apparently there was a request for a prescription to be filled and the prescription was denied based on a moral or ethical decision made by the pharmacist,
    Moral Decision ???????

trying to find morality in the decision............
    search failed , Trying again..........
    ok jokes apart i don't agree with fourdc
    But if he owns the drug store, its his choice.
    what if it has been a life saving drug and some body is in dire need of it. and some pharmisist would not give the drug because he think it is against his religion like say a Muslim pharmisist wouldn't give it because it is made from Pig fat or something or a hindu cos of cow meat for that matters . religion should't come in between your profession especially professions like Doctors , pharmisist etc

Not sure about this place, but many places of buisness have a sign that reads similar to this: "We reserve the right to refuse service to any one for any reason".
    Now I do disagree for his reson behind not selling it, dont get me wrong, but stores do have the right to deny services.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I would be pissed if I was the duded trying to get the pill for my g/f that would really suck!

But I feel that if you can handle the heat stay outa the kitchen. You know that as a pharmacist you are going to have to deal with all sorts of drugs.

Thanks,

Adiz

Banned
    I followed this case on the radio yesterday, and what puzzles me is this: Eckerd sells the morning-after pill, and that alone makes it weird that one of their employees doesn't want to sell it. I'd say that that employee shouldn't be working for Eckerd, then...
    If you are against people smoking, then don't go working in a cigarette-store. If you do get a job in a cigarette store, then sell cigarettes and don't go bitching about consequences...

The fact that the woman was raped makes it even worse.

*Moved to Cosmos*

At the same time I say, go to the next pharmacy and if raped go to the hospital? The guy was disciplined. I say the guy expressed a form of freedom, he is paying for it now apparently because the Eckerd guy I would wager. What does a rape victim have to do with it. Was this prescrition the result of her rape? Why didn't the hospital give it too her? Did the guy know she was a rape victim? Just wondering why it was in the headline. Perhpaps he has and issue with his concience knowing his hand would kill an unborn child, but I agree - if it's legal he's got to dispense it or go work someplace else. I would be he is doing just that.

They both have a right to be appalled at one another, it isn't one sided and this is a private matter with the company. If you are in dire emergency need of anything, Eckards isn't the place to dispense it. Try a hospital.

But I feel that if you can handle the heat stay outa the kitchen. You know that as a pharmacist you are going to have to deal with all sorts of drugs.
    Thats exsctly right, but as others are saying, if the pharmacy dosen't want your bisuness, then don't give it to him.

Originally posted here by cross
    Not sure about this place, but many places of buisness have a sign that reads similar to this: "We reserve the right to refuse service to any one for any reason".
    Now I do disagree for his reson behind not selling it, dont get me wrong, but stores do have the right to deny services.
    I think there must be some type of regulation to that, i mean if a store owner is racist does he have the legal right to deny a race to his store?
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers