Thread: google fun

google fun

here's an amusing google trick:
    go to http://www.google.com
    type in "weapons of mass destruction" (with quotations)
    Hit the 'I'm feeling Lucky button'

Don't click any of the buttons that come up on the page unless you're really into Empire Poker popup adds.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Banned
    Yeah yeah...old news, this has been posted several times before.

Yea old new but there is also one where you have to type in president bush or something....but it never worked....does anyone remember this one and how it works?

miserable failure
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Banned
    i also remember the one with typing in "bastards" and hit the nronmal search button. Guess who's website is the first one

i think it had something to do with putting miserable failure in the page somewhere, maybe putting it in robots.txt, and having it forward to bush's autobiography.

slick

[edit] lol about the bastards thing...thats pretty funny [/edit]
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    btw... miserable failure has moved from President Bush to Michael Moore.

The way it is done is that google checks the words used to link to a site in the href tag. So if a bunch of people make a link to www.michaelmoore.com and have you click on miserable failure, then that page will become the first link (eventually).

So if everyone here puts <a href="www.antionline.com">Banner Ad haven</a> on their website, then when you do a google search for "Banner Ad haven" it will link to AO.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman