Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why cant i see my avatar??

why cant i see my avatar??

I have this little trivial problem...sometimes when i log in AO i cannot see my avatar or other avatars..why does that happen? I use Konqueror as a browser (linux)...can that be related with the fact that i delete cookies-cache and history?

can that be related with the fact that i delete cookies-cache and history
    i too delete my cookies-cache and history regularly but never faced such problem oo by the way i use Netsacpe 7.1. what is displayed in the place of the picture? a picture place holder. have you tried refreshing the page again from the looks of it seems it is not been able to download pictures or something. and have you consedired using another web browser

Antionline Herpetologist
    Hrm... I've never seen this problem with Konqueror (but I don't use it too often). Have you considered using Mozilla under Linux to test if this happens with that browser too?

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Have you tried refreshing the web page when the avatars do not show up, I sometimes have to refesh the page on other sites I go to to get everything to show up.

I tried refreshing my webpage quite a few times but no result... i remember that i once or twice had the same problem with mozilla...maybe the problem is not in my system.. i don know...anyway the picture i get instead of the avatar (that does not happen with all of them only with some) is a strange square with some lines (white)... probably the problem is that i download the whole page but for some reason not some avatars..strange because i can see even the moving pictures and even some really strange avatars (wolverine i can see yours for example)..strange euhhh??
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????
    Screw you guys I am going home!-Kartman

Ok just before some seconds my avatar changed 'automatically'..i had one ,lost it for a while and now i get a little stupid fellow boy (seems like cartman) instead of my previous avatar..that is even more strange!!!!What is going on? I want pinky!!!!
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????

yep thats what my guess is your browser is stopping before downloding all the Avtars. it happens to me sometimes but refreshing the page generally sorts out the problem. what kind of connection do you have? why don't you try a different browser and see if it happens with it as well

[edit]
    Ok just before some seconds my avatar changed 'automatically'..i had one ,lost it for a while and now i get a little stupid fellow boy (seems like cartman) instead of my previous avatar..that is even more strange!!!!What is going on? I want pinky!!!
    you got pinky!!!! hic.. you got pinky!!!!
    [blur]

Still no avatar...can anybody help me??? I WANT PINKY BACK!!!!!

tyfon, i can see pinky as your Avtar . try deleting all your cookies otherwise try using a different Web Browser

[edit]
    Pinky is there

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    tyfon, you have pinky. You might want to delete your cache.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage