Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some one Hacking My IM????????????

Some one Hacking My IM????????????

RRGGHH. THis comes only a couple of hours after I posted about my friend's Explorer problems.

Anyway, I connected to my Instant Messenger today and promptly received a notice about my IM being signed on to two locations. This has happenned before, and I changed my password. Now it's happenning again...

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest changing your password again - yes I know its very frustrating to constantly change you password but such is life, "Paranoia makes my life easier and the hackers life harder"
    When you logged in and it gave the "user already logged in" error message, had you just logged in and then out again? Becuase if thats the case then it could very well be that AIM hadn't registered that you had logged out and therefore thought that you're a second person logging in.
    -HDD

Banned
    Becuase if thats the case then it could very well be that AIM hadn't registered that you had logged out and therefore thought that you're a second person logging in.
    That is the case, the server doesnt log you out completely. I got that error message once, then i created a new account(nobody knew it) and tested some stuff about that, I closed AOL immediatly (with task manager) and then logged back on, and AIm gave me that message. No need to worry. Except if it happens every time.

Do you go to any internet cafes? At the internet cafe I worked at, everyone would forget to uncheck 'save password' on their AIM account. Then others would sit down and have a ton of fun on the accounts with saved passwords. Just a thought.

Cool Not to worry

no worries...
    that happens to me as often as WinME crashes...
    which is often...the server didnt log you out, it will if your off overnight though.

also if your computer freezes, AIM freezes, or you just do a hard reboot without signing off, it sometimes doesnt notice your absence...

i doubt your being hacked

Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

I have also seen that "lag" effect. It is a bit like the first few minutes of a dial-up session, when you can get a lot of firewall activity due to late replies from sites to whoever had that IP addy before you?

AxessTerminated:

You need more RAM?.............Me will run perfectly with 512Mb of PC2100, It is also almost faultless with 384Mb. I don't care what M$ say...DO NOT go above 512Mb

I have a P4 1.7 with 0.75Gb of PC800 RAMBUS Rimms. I must get some black and yellow stickers and rename it the "crash dummy"

I have to carefully "nurse" my PII/266 with 128Mb, as resource is a real problem.

Cheers

Lightbulb Pfft...

M$ is the company that patented the Self-Crashing OS...
    WinME takes the cake, no matter your resources...

WinME is a horrible upscale on Win98, a horrible attempt at moving away from DOS. Very insecure, as well. WinME's requirements are just barely above those of Win98, it just has a very porrly designed infrastructure that was patched together with older crap. My WinME runs fine by itself on a Compaq 700Mhz 128MB SDRAM...but if I multi-task, like Wwindows says i can, it seizes up with a lovely message along the lines of:

Windows has crashed. This OS was not designed to be used by idiots. You are and idiot.
    0xEE4F12AC3

Linux is God, just needs commercial support...hell I saw an advertisement on TV from IBM about Linux, it will surpass Windows as a regular OS. Windows will be left for 12yr olds, and Macs...well for the intellectually inclined, and 4yr olds.

www.angelfire.com/linux/axessterminated
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

Nielsosky13, assuming some script kiddie did crack your SN. If they made there email the email for password recovery, then they will know what you change your password to. I hope this helped.

berg

Thanks for the advice guys!

The reason I was so quick to jump to hacking was because a couple of weeks ago my Online Message Boards database was hacked and the next day my Netscape password was changed. But what you said was probably the case with my IM today, because I had been on earlier.

THanks for the reassuring advice!

Make sure when you are logging in and it asks if you want to store your password you say no because someone may have remote access to your computer and they could be getting access to your account buy decrypting the password