Thread: how can i get rid of... (windows related)

how can i get rid of... (windows related)

there are certain folders that always come back even when i delete them. specificaly I want to get rid of all the "My" folders in "My Documents" like "My Ebooks" & " My Music" ...etc.etc. And the most hated one is "Links" in Favorites in IE ... pls help

You can rename any of the 'My' folders to anything you wish. I have never tried to get rid of the 'My Documents' folder, but I have renamed it and use it to store folders in. I have deleted the 'My Music' and 'My Pichures' folders and they have stayed deleted (using Windows XP home).
    The 'Links' folder in IE favorites, I'm sorry. I can't get that sucker to go away permenately either.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

As moxnix said you can simply delete the "My" Folders, i too have deleted them and they stay deleted you might have performed system restore which might have re-created them and to delete the limks folder in IE Favorite do the following open the Regestory Editor modify the fillowing key.......

. User Key: . . . . HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    . Value Name: . . LinksFolderName
    . Data Type: . . . REG_SZ
    . Value Data: . . Clear the Value Data, then click OK.

Start IE and delete the Links folder from the Favorites menu.

Astalavista Baby

Banned
    I tried delete the folder from the Favorites Menu but it still came back. just hide it. Folder Properties and check "Hidden" and it won't be displayed and the menu anymore.

I tried delete the folder from the Favorites Menu but it still came back.
    you mean you modified the regestry key LinksFolderName 's value to blank and still it appears next time? coz. i have tried in windows98 and Windows2000 and it works