Thread: API-Guide

API-Guide

I'm not sure how many of you know about this app... I searched AO and found nothing on it.

http://www.mentalis.org/agnet/apiguide.shtml

API-Guide has over 900 functions, all documented, and explained with an example. Several functions also have a dotNET equivalent and dotNET example code.
    This tool has saved me hours of google searching and message-board posting trying to find a certain API function that is crucial to perform a certain task (plus I don't have to connect to the internet if I want to find something). For each function it tells what the function does as well as descriptions of each parameter the function takes. There are examples in Visual Basic too.

I hope this isn't common knowledge here and that I'm not wasting my time... Hopefully this will help someone.

Later,

mjk

Thumbs down

Well i know about it and dont post such things again..........
    Be Cool

"Sensible people" should have manners, and not try to dictate?

Just a friendly word of advice...........might actually keep you alive one day?

Cheers

Just Another Geek
    Did you ever try looking up the API at MSDN ? It has every API and more.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sensible_guy, just because you know about it doesn't mean everyone else does too.. And maybe you or someone else could explain why I "shouldn't post such things again?" Sorry if it wasn't appropriate for this forum but I just thought that some people could benefit from it like I did. BTW, thanks SirDice for the info; I've never used the MSDN but I would have if I'd known there was API stuff.

Thanks,
    mjk

thanks. i didnt know about it and i like the idea of having it on my computer. i do allot of work in my car while waiting for my g/f

at first i thought this guy was kidding but after all this time i guess he's not
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

No problem Tedbob. It's been a great tool for me so far.. I've been using it for over six months.

at first i thought this guy was kidding but after all this time i guess he's not
    What do you mean?

i do allot of work in my car while waiting for my g/f
    Heh

Later,

mjk