Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Once I finish my CIS degree, I am thinking about going for a masters of business administration, and possibly a masters of CIS also.

I'm thinking of trying to start up a business with my unlce who currently has his Bachelors of Business Administration.

The type of business we would be looking into would be a type of consulting firm/data warehouse.

Possible something similiar to this

http://www.acxiom.com

Just kind wondering what you guys think of this.

Do you think it would be a profitable business to be in?

Like do you think that thers already to many of those types of businessess out there, or not enough?
    =

It is a profitable business to be in, but it is also a very filled business. In that, I mean that a LOT of people are starting their own firms (or already have their own established), so your competition will be very very high. However, if you can establish a name for yourself by doing excellent and quality work, then you won't have much trouble beating out your competitors and having a nice, profitable, fun business.

Hi cheyenne,

From a career enhancement viewpoint go for the MBA............it has the same level as CPA.......you get to be CEO of major corporations.

The IT qual. is nice to have but does not have as much "clout"..............I work with multinationals so don't just think that "the limey don't know" it is the same in Europe.

An IT qualification becomes dated pretty quick.............finance and business ones do not?

Just my thoughts...................remember I am quite old, and you need to look to future demand projections?

Cheers

Thanks for your advice guys.

Yeah jehnx, I would like to build a name for my self in that business by mainly doing most of the work my self, then once we become a larger firm, then I would higher on more people and I would take more a CEO role in the business.

Nihil: I was actually even thinking about going for a double major in BA and CIS. Guess I'll figure it out soon enough. Still got 3 more years till I have my bachelors.

I guess right now I'll plan to get my Bachelors in CIS then my masters in Business Administration
    =