Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer boots only till PCI device listing screen..

Computer boots only till PCI device listing screen..

I have a computer that only boots to the PCI device listing screen. I have switched out the power supply and RAM with no change. I have taken out the SCSI card in the computer and all other non essential devices, but I am still haveing this problem. Also, once or twice I have seen little green rectangles on the PCI device screen. Could this be a video card problem? (Dont have another card at the moment) Anyone had a problem like this before? Lastly, the user says that it worked until last Monday when I went on vacation.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

What OS are you running on, is the computer hooked up to the internet?

Adiz

Computer is behind a ISA server (business DSL) to the net. The OS is Win2k. It does not even get to the Win2k boot screen.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Does it see you harddrive with you boot files on it. (c. If you can't check your bios see if you can select it as you primary boot device if that doesn't work check you actual hardware connection to the HD.

Adiz

AO French Antique News Whore
    I have taken out the SCSI card in the computer and all other non essential devices, but I am still haveing this problem?
    Any PCI card still in computer after this? If NO PCI device are plug and you stil froze at the PCI Device Research in BIOS, I would blame the motherboard.

To check the video card, remove it and wait. You'll probably ear those lovely beep!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

yes.. can't you even get into the bios ?

what motherboard is this ? is there a bios reset jumper ? if so, try resetting it..
    (unplug the power cord or turn off the PSU power switch before you do this)

if it resets.. go into the bios set your date, exit and cross your fingers..
    if that fails you might have to reflash the bios.. good luck

Originally posted here by sumdumguy
    yes.. can't you even get into the bios ?

what motherboard is this ? is there a bios reset jumper ? if so, try resetting it..
    (unplug the power cord or turn off the PSU power switch before you do this)

if it resets.. go into the bios set your date, exit and cross your fingers..
    if that fails you might have to reflash the bios.. good luck
    Can get into the BIOS. It detects the harddrive.

There is a the only a LAN card (PCI) in it and the (AGP) video card. I will try taking out the LAN card.

With everything out besides the video card it still gets stuck. The motherboard might of gone south.. I will try resetting the BIOS.

I really think the motherboard is gone East-West-South-North all in the same time! If you have No PCI card in the motherboard and it stuck at PCI device screen, it's bad news!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by SDK
    I really think the motherboard is gone East-West-South-North all in the same time! If you have No PCI card in the motherboard and it stuck at PCI device screen, it's bad news!
    I have already pegged this one as dead. The motherboard is going to the electronics recycler with the rest of our stuff on Monday...

Good One! I don't have elctronics recyler. well, it's call a crusher! 55 lbs of pression on a motherboard is nice!
    -Simon \"SDK\"