Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redirecting X.X.X.X IP to Y.Y.Y.Y ?

If the computer is on your domain, set you up a router and just forward that port request to whatever computer you want.

Or if you have apache set up, try this: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/apache-modu...g.html?rev=1.2
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

No it's not my own.
    I'm looking a local solutions or something like man in the middle style.
    as

redirect ip

If you are attempting to redirect ip(a) to ip(b) and
    do not control the transmitting program
    nor have a good working relationship with whoever does
    then it seems that you may be attempting to do something undesirable.

Alternatively what you are looking for is a networking response and the solution may lie in the use of NAT or PAT protocols and you should be asking your question in a networking forum.
    Thadeus Quill

I know you can turn on routing like this:
    System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
    Value Name: IPEnableRouter
    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

But for the life of me i cant think of a way to do what you want. I would take a look at any registry guides you can get your hands on and see if they have any info on any keys that would help accomplish this. Now that im strangley interested, ill be taking a look through some of the registry guides i have and ask around at school. keep us updated itf you figure somethin out.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

I mean when a program try to access X.X.X.X IP it will access Y.Y.Y.Y IP

For example ping.exe must ping to Y.Y.Y.Y when I try to ping X.X.X.X
    Intresting.... Now I personally feel this is not possbile.. like I ping to an static IP and it returns me the ping of other IP..... U can try IP spoofing in that case....

Setthesun.. I guess you want to divert the traffic of a site to an other site.... Inthat case u can use ASP's Response.Redirect method and store that as default page of ur IP X.X.X.X with a pointer to Y.Y.Y.Y

But for that u shall need to have the access to add / modify file in X.X.X.X ......

Regards
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****

Originally posted here by anjali
    Intresting.... Now I personally feel this is not possbile.. like I ping to an static IP and it returns me the ping of other IP..... U can try IP spoofing in that case....

Setthesun.. I guess you want to divert the traffic of a site to an other site.... Inthat case u can use ASP's Response.Redirect method and store that as default page of ur IP X.X.X.X with a pointer to Y.Y.Y.Y

But for that u shall need to have the access to add / modify file in X.X.X.X ......

Regards
    Yes I can route it if it's in my own localarea network and with my router but in this position target is website.

Anyway thank you all I'll try to make some researches about NAT / PAT protocols.

Also all comments are welcome.
    as

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Routing would not help, since the packet would still be framed with the original target IP and would be re-routed back to target by any router not in your control.

Is there a windows equivalent of iptables ? I don't know this. But using iptables it is possible to change the source and destination addresses of a packet - This is something the MIRROR target for iptables does - See this for information:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...172#post685172

Now my knowledge of iptables is limited, but try these articles:

http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr...=Google+Search

This will give you an understanding of what you are trying to acheive, you can then search for a windows solution.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

i know that there are programs with which you can do this, it is used too in honeypots or virtual hosts. so if you look for honeypot or virtual host on google, you should be able to get something....

good luck,

and let us know if you found it and how it works

I thinnk I need a proxy to support to change destination ip addresses on the fly.

I looked for iptables for windows I find nothing also I couldn't find a way to do this in a *nix box.
    as

yes,

you would most likely need a proxy. A port/IP redirection won't help as previously mentioned because the header will still contain origial stats. You would need to write a program to emulate (or pass on rather) the information.

IE:
    You are person 2, person 1 is trying to connect to person 3.
    Code:
    1->3  ... here you intercept this call, can't rember how at the moment, and tell #1 that #3's addr is #2's addr
    2->3 ....hello, i'm 1 (@IP of person2) and trying to connect
    3-2> ....hello person 1, how are you?
    2->1 ....hello person 1, how are you?
    1->2 ....i'm doing fine
    2->3 ....i'm doing fine
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    here are some links to much better explainations:
    http://www.blackhat.com/presentation...hi-valleri.pdf
    http://www.xfocus.net/articles/200305/smbrelay.html

hopefully this will help