Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't view web page...

I agree...
    BUT -
    how did you manage to view it yesterday??? Very strange stuff... I'll talk to the guy who set the pages up on Mon., and find out what the deal is. I tried using Firefox to view the page from home (56k, Win98), but to no avail... I appreciate all the help...
    -Wiski C.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

This just gets better

On my XP box I get "network problem" with Opera7 and "cannot find server" with Mozilla 1.6, IE gives "page not found"

I am back on the Me box and both Opera and Mozilla show the site INDEX!!!.............I notice that it was being edited on the 14th. and that a "Firefox" folder was added on the 15th. Ging by the file/folder dates.

Zone: I was referring to up here (East Yorkshire Coast).............all the kit is BT apart from Hull, which is Kingston Communications. There is no cable

What I cannot understand is getting different results on different OSes/Machines using the same browser software and ADSL link..........most odd?

Cheers

wiskic10_4 ,

I just tried your original link http://sunwebs.cslab.utpb.edu/cs4395-team4/ that was posted and found a bunch or folders.
    I did poke around and clicked a few docs and found that researchprog1.htm must be your start page.
    The link http://sunwebs.cslab.utpb.edu/cs4395...earchprog1.htm works just fine, maybe a little reconfiguring and doc renaming is in order?
    Other than that, the site looks fine.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.
    I see you have made some changes to the server. I now go directly to the index page , and the above is the first page listed. I could not find the original page I went to, but your last update page was there.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

From here in India.... URL not found error.....

I guess it could be becasue the DNS servers of the server where the pahges are hosted are not synchronised properly....

May be as a result many of us are unable to complete the route to the website....

Maybe someone who is able to reach the saite can share there traceroute and we can comparte those against the traceroute of wiscki.....

Frontpage... does add a lot of custome made scripts but I have personally used it so many times.. I does not affect the vciewing of pages in any manner what so ever....

I guess it is the problem of the server where u have hosted ur site.....
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****

Hmmm....
    Nothing should have changed on the main page (index.html)... Other than the text at the top of the page. Anyway, I was screwing around on one of the UNIX machines up at school earlier tonight, and I absent-mindedly saved the Solaris version of Firefox to a folder inside of my webpage directory (which explains all of the folders found in the index.htm directory)... Anyway, I'm gonna talk to the guy who set the pages up tomorrow, and maybe get it straightened out - FileZilla won't connect to the server either, so I can't update my page from home - this may be a firewall issue, though... just gives me this:

Error: Can't resolve host name
    Error: Unable to connect!

Hell, I don't know - I'll try to get it going tommorrow... I appreciate the input - try it tommorrow around ten, maybe it'll be accessible to everyone from everywhere... ... .. heh, but I doubt it

Thanks a lot,
    -Wiski C.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

BANNED
    im getting the list but cant see images either
    im on drake 9.2 with mozilla
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

OK now, I got the site/page to work with Opera 7.23, IE 6.0 and Mozilla Firebird 0.7. Here's what I did:

1) Tried to load the page with Opera - a proxy error about server couldn't be found
    2) Tried to load the page with Opera, Proxomitron disabled - same result
    3) Tried to load the page with Opera, Proxo and proxy disabled - same result
    4) Emptied Opera's cache and made it check documents always - it worked!

It was basically the same routine with all the browsers. If it first didn't work, then change connection type to 'direct connection to internet' (ie. turn proxy off) and empty your cache.

So it doesn't seem to be an OS or browser related problem. Probably some proxies just don't know how to route to that particular address.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Hi,

I just tried it again on the Win Me box. I get the index page come up in IE6.0 SP1 now.

I am using dial-up ADSL with no proxy.

Cheers

um, I just got a list of all the files on the page.... I did notice you were missing a index.html page.... try creating one of those... you have a index.htm, but if I remember correctly it has to be a .html... not 100% sure though.