Thread: i want to know

i want to know

with the various offsprings of the mydoom virus becoming one of the most widespread viruses.....i would like to know.
    have any of you been affected with this?
    **knock on wood..i havent as of yet**
    i know several people that have found it in their mail.
    have you?

Nope, and I don't expect to be. I keep my security updated and current and I never open anything if I don't know exactly what it is and where it's come from.

I've recieved a copy of this Virus through my email account, but unfortunatly it was soon deleted by 1 paranoid person. ME!

cheers
    ..::front2back::..

No, I have not,

I am on a number of corporate mailing lists and a few friend's ones...........but I guess they mostly e-mail from work?..............one up for the Sysadmins I would say

CYB3RJ3DI, Please do not take this as a criticism, but a question of this type would be better asked in a poll...............that way you will get a statistically viable response and only comments that are additional to the question

Cheers

I have received the virus in emails....Many emails however they have been quickly destroyed at receival. So as of yet I have not been infected.

Adiz

Banned
    Me neither, that is a miracle because i don't have ANY, and i mean ANY protection at all. When i get something i try to play with it and delete it manually, if not than AV's come handy.

Nope never had any type of virus in my email inbox. even if there was one my antivirus takes care of it and as a added precaution I have the preview pane turned off and set not to allow downloading attachments of any kind.

Originally posted here by nihil
    No, I have not,

I am on a number of corporate mailing lists and a few friend's ones...........but I guess they mostly e-mail from work?..............one up for the Sysadmins I would say

CYB3RJ3DI, Please do not take this as a criticism, but a question of this type would be better asked in a poll...............that way you will get a statistically viable response and only comments that are additional to the question

Cheers
    You are right, I should have made this a poll.
    Thank you for spotting my mistake and i will do my best to post better threads.

Dead Man Walking
    i wouldnt mind getting it in an email for so i could try to pick it apart and see how it works. I dont think i would have to worry about infection cause as far as i know mydoom only infects M$ boxes. Somebody please corect me if im wrong on that