Hi there,

I thought i'd make a thread about this in here as it seems to be a pretty big security problem with the WindowsMe OS. It's the folder C:\_RESTORE\TEMP

I've even followed the instructions for removal of this from a Microsoft site and have still not solved it. Even the official guide on how to delete this doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure that some of you people know how to do this though. I've had this problem for months now and i can't delete the files at all that include : Bonzibuddy, eAccelorator, eZula, Cydoor, Backweblite, easysearch, you name it. It's a nice convenient place where all of the junk can gather, infect my PC, slow it down AND probably add numerous spyware trackers at the same time.

I made this thread in the hope that some of you know the solution, because i've yet to see one.

Information taken from : http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

WARNING: Using the following steps will completely remove all restore points from the data store. Do not use this method if this will cause problems. When you enable the System Restore feature again, the System Restore feature will create a new restore point and then resume monitoring your computer.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System, and then click the Performance tab.
Click File System, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.
Click to select the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, click to clear the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, and then click OK.
Restart the computer when you are prompted to do so. When the computer restarts, the data store is purged and the System Restore feature begins monitoring the system again.

- - - - -

This doesn't work. Also this : Click to select the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, click to clear the Disable System Restore check box, click Apply, and then click OK.

Just sounds like it's asking me to do the same thing twice. I followed the instructions anyway and the problem was still there, then i left it on disabled (it's left on disabled now.) and still nothing cleared out of the system.

Actually i can even imagine a good few of you people getting wound up with it, unless, you know a way of ripping the damn restore files out with some type of homemade shredding program?!? Over to you people anyway in the hope that some of you are smiling at this post because you already know the answer.

However, and with no offence intended, please only reply if you have actually done this yourselves or have seen it done, because despite the guides and advice, the restore\temp files seem to evade many written solutions.

eonfire