Thread: Local Admin - Account creating

Local Admin - Account creating

Hi guys,
    I want a .Bat stript that will add a user account (Me) as a local administrator at system startup, This is provent users from removing me as a local administartor, as they keep trying to lock me out by removing accounts. I cant lower there rights as they need to be able to add\remove users, but i dont want them removing my account.

Cheers guys.

[glowpurple]
    @echo off
    net user admin password /add
    net localgroup administrators admin /add
    exit
    [/glowpurple]

where "admin" is the username, and "password" is the password ( duh!)

Why do the users keep on deleting your account? are you supposed to have local admin rights?? I would bypass the whole login script and talk to the boss about employee issues.

That is, if you are the admin of the system or systems, why would they want to delete your account on purpose? Sounds more like a hostile work environment then a Windows problem to me :-)

hehe just had to ask.
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

yeah you maybe be right, but i dont want to make work any harder then it already is, i like an easy life and thats how i want it to stay.

you have to be local or domain admin to create this account anyway. if they delete you, then you can't add it . even more so... the script is a bad idea... because it will include your userid and password to boot. anyone can login as you....

I think the best way to prevent this is to go to mgt like suggested.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

the script will be hidden away safely on the server and th euser will have no right to even view it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Originally posted here by Misterxtreme
    the script will be hidden away safely on the server and th euser will have no right to even view it.
    If you want your user to execute your script, they have to have read and execute right on it!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by SDK
    If you want your user to execute your script, they have to have read and execute right on it!
    even still... regular users can't add admin accounts... if they've deleted your admin account, the script will do you no good... you won't be able to add another account as admin... any admin can still view it... all they have to do is give themselves rights to do so... if they are really out to get you... they can then take your UID and PWD and cause damage, making it look like you did it...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I guess he is trying to add this as logon scrpit..... But smart users will still be able to recognize the use of the script.....

By an chances r u a tutor i a naughty college or something like that...... Openup buddy we can have better solutions once u give us a bigger picture of ur problem.......
    ****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****