Thread: thumbnail view

thumbnail view

i want to know how i can make the thumbnail view of a word document appear as the miniture actual document. I know this can be done because i saw it, but i'm not sure how it's done.

Do any of you guys/girls know how to do this?? I have XP Pro and Office XP Pro.

THanks.

AO French Antique News Whore
    You want to select the Thumbnail from the view Menu in Windows Explorer? Or you want the left windows on Windows Explorer to show your word document?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Here's what I want to do. This is a photoshopped picture.

Right click on the item. Select properties and then customise folder and change piture.
    That should do it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

moxnix actually i want to change the thumbnail view of the word file not the folder. I can do that with the folder but with the actual word file, it's different...thanks though

anyone?

Regal Making Handler
    Iv'e just done it to the word docs, in the" my letters" folder click view>thumbnails. And hay presto i have a mini pic of each word doc.

Just checked why some of my letters display as thumbs of the doc and some do not. This is just a guess but blank word docs are shown as the normal icon. Letters created using the letter templates in office show as a mini view of that doc. IE if you use elegant or contempary templates.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry