Thread: M$ Work in IE

M$ Work in IE

This is what i want...i want to make a hyperlink which will open a M$ word file but inside IE
    my biology teacher has done that using some tool of teacherweb.com , how do i do this manually?
    (i cant just copy and paste all the text....too many tabs and it goes off the page)
    thanks in advance

ok. make a html file with:
    <A HREF="file://C:\path\whatever.doc" > click here </A>
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-++++
    +|p|h|a|s|e| |o|n|e| |r|e|t|a|l|i|a|t|i|o|n|++
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-++

nope that is not exactly what i need...when i click it it asks me whether i want to save/open....
    i need something like when i click it that IE itself kind of changes a bit into word...my teacher had that and he used some tool and his website is down now also

AO French Antique News Whore
    He want to embelled a DOC into IE. (Word open inside a IE Windows like PDF File do - Best Exemple I know)
    -Simon \"SDK\"

oh. ok. save the word document into the ftp space where the web page is, and include
    <A HREF="whatever.doc" > click here </A>. it works on my system, although im not sure if it opens up word on newer versions of windows. good luck.
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-++++
    +|p|h|a|s|e| |o|n|e| |r|e|t|a|l|i|a|t|i|o|n|++
    +++++++-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-++

Hey Hey,

I think you want to do something like this.....

Code:
    <HTML>

<FRAMESET ROWS="50, *">;
    	<FRAME Name="links" SRC="yourcrap.html">
    	<FRAME Name="content" SRC="yourdoc.doc">
    <FRAMESET>
    </HTML>
    Anyways this should work for ya,

Peace,
    HT

Just wanted to thank you HTRegz....yes thats exactly what i wanted it to do...to open word in IE
    thank you all for your help

EDIT:
    weird in school on the front page it works just fine but now at home i get the save/open window again on that code....looks like I'll be doin the site in school while they taking notes