Thread: W2K server terminal commands

W2K server terminal commands

Does anyone know if any Windows 2000 Advanced Server terminal commands exist for multiple network adapter systems to disable/ enable one or the other? In my Network Security class, we have two NICs. One connected to the district network, the other to the private network I built, but we are only allowed by district policy to connect to one at a time. that coupled with W2k server GUI/API bugs makes it exceedingly difficult to disable one and enable the other thru conventional means, so I was hoping to create .bat files to do it quickly and easily, thanks for your help.

PS. It seems to me that I always post asking for terminal commands for .bat file purposes so if anyone has a quick and easy terminal cmd reference that I could use, I'd appreciate it.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

AO French Antique News Whore
    ipconfig /release DEVICENAME1
    ipconfig /renew DEVICENAME2

See ipconfig /? for more help!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

how do I find the (terminal) device names, something tells me since its windows they will be different than the windows device manager names.

<EDIT>

Disregard, I found them by typing ipconfig /all
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)