Thread: What do i use???

What do i use???

I have a question concerning C-C++ compilers.

I've heard of programs like Bloodshed/and dev also I have heard about ones like CodeWarrior etc..
    Which one should i use?
    im getting started in Programming C and i run Xp at the time so the compiler has to run on that platform..

HELP PLEASE
    Fatalbreed67

Bloodshed, Without question.

This question has been addressed many times, and you can find some help by searching the forums.

Anyway, as for your question, it depends on what you want to accomplish. I think Bloodshed's IDE is good, but the in-program help files are weak (but there are excellent on-line tutorials about the MINGW compiler (is what Dev C++ uses). I personally like it because it's fast, free but not easy; it's not Microsoft and it's not Borland... it's in the middle somewhere, heh.

But if you wanna spend the money and get support, a pretty box, help files and other stuff, then try Borland C++ Builder 6 or Micorosoft Visual C++.NET. I personally do not like spending that kinda money.

It's usually about budget, not what your needs are. LOL

by now I am using "Dev C++" and i like it and as alittlebitnumb said it is fast. I guess you can download borland C++ 5.5 freely now.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

I am a big fan of MSVC++, one of the best MS products IMHO...
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

"I am a big fan of MSVC++, one of the best MS products IMHO..."

That's a good one, that sure is.