Thread: Quick fedora question

Quick fedora question

Hi there, i'm wanting to find out how i can install linux fedora on my PC, i've read a little and it says i have to install the files and then burn them onto a CD, just two questions :

What files do i download from here :

fedora

Also how do i burn it onto a CD, do i need to install nero?
    \"What is is not, what is not is - - if this is not yet clear to you, you\'re still far from the truth.\"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You'll need something like Nero so yes, install it if you haven't. You can also look around for freeware ones that might do the trick (I'm personally not familiar with any 'cuz my burn is on my mac). That said:

yarrow-i386-disc1.iso 06-Nov-2003 08:37 630M
    yarrow-i386-disc2.iso 06-Nov-2003 08:37 637M
    yarrow-i386-disc3.iso 06-Nov-2003 08:37 616M
    Those'd be the ones you'd want.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks MsMittens i'll come back to this thread when i stop feeling so lazy and get around to installing nero again.
    \"What is is not, what is not is - - if this is not yet clear to you, you\'re still far from the truth.\"

Quick note, when you burn them, make sure you burn them as disc images, not just as regular files. If you burn them just as files, when your computer trys to boot from them, it will just see whateverfile.iso . if you burn them as images, they will be able to boot.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Oh cool thanks slick, i'd forgotten all about this thread!

It's been recommended that i shouldn't do this (partition and install windowsme + linux fedora) without someone there to help so i'm gonna have to know more about what i'm doing before i actually go ahead with this, but thanks for the advice i'll remember this if/when i do it.

I can't wait to see what this OS is like, maybe then i'll be able to get a lot greater understanding of computers.

Quick note, when you burn them, make sure you burn them as disc images, not just as regular files. If you burn them just as files, when your computer trys to boot from them, it will just see whateverfile.iso . if you burn them as images, they will be able to boot.
    all he is saying is not to burn the .iso files by itself, you can extract them and then you can just burn them...you can use IsoBuster (http://www.smart-projects.net/)

edit: i forgot...also make sure it goes on after a windows and make sure you install it on a boot device