Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order the Windows Security Update CD for Free

AO French Antique News Whore

Order the Windows Security Update CD for Free

The Windows Security Update CD will be shipped to you free of charge. This CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 and information to help you protect your PC. In addition, you will also receive free antivirus and firewall trial software.

This CD is only available for Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
    To Order : http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

Finally, this CD is out for low speed users!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Well Well Well

If I live in the middle east, I can get one.....if I am a German or a Turk or a cheese guzzling surrender monkey, I can get one.

If I live in bloody VIETNAM I can get one (in vietnamese).

But if I live in the United Kingdom or The Republic of Ireland I cannot.......................

WTF?

Would any American care to explain?

Knowing m$... its probably a bug. They will probably be patching the website soon?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by nihil
    Well Well Well

If I live in the middle east, I can get one.....if I am a German or a Turk or a cheese guzzling surrender monkey, I can get one.

If I live in bloody VIETNAM I can get one (in vietnamese).

But if I live in the United Kingdom or The Republic of Ireland I cannot.......................

WTF?

I guess your just going to have to move to Canada nihil, you can order one here.

Cheers:
    DjM

DjM,

Brilliant idea........I have already told one supplier that Bridlington was in Canada, and got a 50% discount...............but I downloaded it, so the postal address entry template wasn't a problem for producing the delivery lable...............and it never went through the post room

Cheers

That is great for the simple reason if you have just done a fresh install of the operating system you don't have to put it on line to get the updates and worry about being rooted while downloading the updates.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    That is great for the simple reason if you have just done a fresh install of the operating system you don't have to put it on line to get the updates and worry about being rooted while downloading the updates.
    Since the advent of CD burners I would think you'd never have to do this. I don't recall ever doing this with NT since I would download all patches, fixes and service packs to a central repository and burn to CD(s).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Regarding going online for updastes.... or use Technet. The DVD supscription fits in the glove box now, you don't need a suitcase to carry it around.

That is not a bad idea to do But most people don't even bother with making backups of any of their data. or they never bothered to have a cd burner installed in their computers to do backups.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Deleted dup post by RoadClosed.

That is not a bad idea to do But most people don't even bother with making backups of any of their data. or they never bothered to have a cd burner installed in their computers to do backups.
    And what makes you think they'll followup to order this? Don't get me wrong.. good idea... but education of the user would go a lot farther than just slapping up a free cd offer. Maybe they should mass produce it for all the Win Mags.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage