Thread: Mass Failure of keyless locks

Mass Failure of keyless locks

Your traveling threw another demension. a demension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.

there's the sign post up ahead:

Los Vegas

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

By late Friday afternoon, some locksmiths, car dealerships and towing companies had been flooded with calls about mysteriously malfunctioning keyless vehicle entry devices.

There were nearly as many theories as there were lockouts. But there were no firm answers as to why the remote devices stopped working.

"Are there sun spots? I've been trying to figure it out. It happened to me right after lunch."

the Big Bear Solar Observatory in Big Bear, Calif., reported low solar activity Friday.

"My car is one of them," Ferguson said. "It's some kind of electrical disturbance. Either that or a nuclear bomb went off a few miles from here."

"he recalled hearing about an incident years ago in which garage-door openers stopped working in an area when Air Force One was nearby. "

"We've got a jammer in the inventory, but I don't think we've got any out here, let alone flying,"

News reports of a similar phenomenon several years ago in Washington state suggested the outages were linked to the arrival of military aircraft carriers to Bremerton.

In March 2001, the keyless entry failures began at the same time the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson returned to Bremerton. Then in April of that year, the outages began one day after the carrier USS Abraham Lincoln arrived at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../23271330.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

yeah that is twilight zone material...

/. has it's thread going about it..
    Slashdot-Keyless Entries Fail In Las Vegas On Friday

Chuck Clark, of the rural Lincoln County community of Rachel, is an Area 51 watchdog and researcher who monitors the government's classified installation near the dry lake bed of Groom Lake, 90 miles north of Las Vegas.

Clark said some of the high-tech equipment that he and other Area 51 buffs believe exists at the installation routinely cause odd occurrences in Rachel similar to what many people in Clark County experienced Friday.
    Heh, funny how people always blame stuff on good ole Area 51. That could work except for the fact that this has been happening all over the country.... (Washington State for example). Although nothing was mentioned on the East coast....wonder what that is? W/e .

here's the article about it happening in 2001

http://www.thesunlink.com/news/2001/...02mystery.html

(credit to Jonathan @ /.)

a transmitter blasting out a signal that jammed them ?
    be nice to know if it affected only certain types of cars/models with the same key system

Hi sdg!

We had a program on local TV a couple of weeks ago............on the North Yorkshire Moors (not far away) is a site called Fylingdales............it used to be one end of the DEW line in the cold war days.

Apparently people going to local bars and restaurants find that their cars don't work

The MoD (our version of your DoD) have admitted that "there is a problem"

When I go to a restaurant, I expect my steak to be grilled, not my brains

Cheers

Has anyone thought of harassing the car manufacturers? Maybe the devices
    are just poorly designed.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hi rcgreen

Has anyone thought of harassing the car manufacturers? Maybe the devices
    I think that the fact that the military don't have to obey the same rules as the rest of us is the problem? I would say that the failure of automobile devices is a good EARLY WARNING (pun intended )

They should not fail, and normally do not?.................so what are the "abnormal" circumstances here.................and what effect are they having on our children?

Cheers

A lot of systems in automobiles are very poorly shielded. In the early 70's (for a while) you could turn off a late model VW bug, with a CB (citizens band) radio. All you had to do was transmit and the VW would quit running. VW recalled all their models and put in better shielding in solve this problem.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hey All,

To the best of my knowlege, a jammer of sorts (radio or GPS) are all Highly transportable, and Easy to make... if you have the technology,Electricity, and a transmitter....

Cheers
    [gloworange]The Only Way to be Safe is To Never Be Secure. [/gloworange]
    Benjamin Franklin