system specs:

1. motherboard = shuttle av49vn
2. CPU = intel P4 2.4 ghz 400 FSB northwood
3. HD = western digital 80 gig 7200rpm
4. ram = 2 x 256 ddr 2100
5. video card = geforce fx 5200 128 mb
6. os = xp home (oem)

I have totally hit a brick wall and I need help. I have built a few systems before but it has been a while. I just bought this motherboard and proccessor. I have install it my machine and everything turns on.

I have two hds but my second is a 20 gig and is only used for storage. I have my 80 gig partitioned into 4 drives.
c: = 10 gig
d: = 10 gig
e: = 30 gig
f: = 30 gig
(approx)

I had my system running on a ks75a motherbard with a 1.2 ghz duron. I switched to the new new motherboard and cpu. My problem is this.

I can get into the bios. I can F8 and get to the boot choise screen. But when I choose any option i.e. safe mode, safe mode at prompt, normal boot, last known good, etc. I get the blue screen of death. I thought that the problems were the video drivers but I can't get into vga mode to tell. I tried booting from my xp cdrom and repairing the windows partition and it went through it's repair process but nothing changed. The I installed another xp os on my d drive for duel boot. When I intstall it everything worked perfectly. Of course none of my programs were there but I got to the desk top and could do anything I wanted...no blue screen. So I am at a brick wall. I don't know what else to do. I can't get into my original xp to fix any drivers problem via safe mode and I'm not experienced enough to do it through dos. PLease help me. I have a huge project due for work and I picked a crummy time to upgrade my machine.

Thanks