Thread: only appears when i click reload

only appears when i click reload

here is the problem...i am right now in school and am uploading files onto FreeWebs.com it takes my mainpage which has a link to the document i have but the document wont show up right away only when i click reload....see for yourself...

main: http://www.freewebs.com/fhpsm/file.htm
    document: http://www.freewebs.com/fhpsm/new_page_1.htm

the main page wont stay like that i just used it to try it out....but why dont it show up right away?
    thanks in advance

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Code:
    <a href="new_page_1.htm" target="_top">file:///C:/Documents and Settings/FHPS/Desktop/Site/new_page_1.htm</a>
    Could it be that it's referencing something on your machine rather than something on the website? (Path issue)?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi,

It came up on both links for me. I did get a whole load of stuff from the firewall about allowing Microsoft Word for Windows access to the internet and permission to act as a server. It took significantly longer opening through the mainpage than just the document itself, but both links worked.

Could it be something to do with opening the document directly in Word. Generally you go to the page then click on a link to open .doc & .pdf files................you are also given the chance to download them first (so you can scan them first?)

BTW:

IE6 SP1
    MS Office 2000
    Win98SE
    ADSL Dial-Up

Cheers

I fixed it somehow by not doing all the c:/etc... and by just saying chapter15.doc but i also changed the website from the new_page_1.htm to chapter15.htm....that might have fixed it?