Thread: networking white papers wanted!!!!!!

networking white papers wanted!!!!!!

hello freinds,

i am studying network administration.i have to give a presentation regarding network security.so can you please tell me the information about the latest security trends and the place where i can get some information regarding this issue.or else the information regarding the latest ethernet techniques or networking techniques.

thanking you
    ram

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Umm... Google is a good place to start.

Also, might want to check Security Focus, Incidents.org and the Sans Reading Room. Your topic is a tad broad (too general). Might want to narrow it down to a specific area of network security (like Unix security trends or Windows Security trends). Security trends could include IDS trends (IDS vs IPS), firewall trends (what is the industry using and are they using anything!).

You also might want to check out CSI/FBI Survey of Computer Security for 2003. Might give you some ideas.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i do want articles related firewall security and how does a firewall work...and the latest firewalling techniques.

Umm... Google is a good place to start.
    Pay attention to that suggestion... Google is awesome!
    i do want articles related firewall security and how does a firewall work...and the latest firewalling techniques.
    Here... Google directory - Firewalls. You could also use the search feature on the AO main page or browse around in the Firewall & Honeypot Discussions section.

Hope this helped

Later,
    mjk

I actually just wrote a great firewall white paper on 'Advanced Firewalling with Sentarus'
    It talks about Enterprise level firewalling with the use of Sentarus as like an aritificial intellignce.
    The whole technology is new and it is very interesting..

Id be willing to share (if I can, Ill have to check) but I think there may be some time delay before I can release it.
    Would this fall under the guidlines? Id also be curious about the school, class, and how you would present it.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    http://www.vnunet.com/Home
    http://www.eweek.com/default/0,4148,,00.asp
    http://www.ziffdavis.com/

the above are sites that are security related.
    I take the EMails for a little light reading ??

Hope these are of use ?

ps don't forget Google, just learn the best ways to set your query.
    ( and or + - etc )
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone