Thread: no graphical login with knoppix-std

no graphical login with knoppix-std

hi all,

i'v downloaded a copy of knoppix-std ( i already got 3.2 & 3.3) on this link.

i really like all the tools that are on this cd so i tried installing it on my hdd.
    after the installation i restart and get an error message for not able to load the graphical login.

now i'm not much of a linux guru, so i don't know how to solve this problem.

i know this much:

the desktop used on the cd is "fluxbox"
    and i've installed knoppix with the "knx-hdsinstall" command.

i know i should be able to change some configuration during boot-up, but i don't know where i should find this and what to change....

i've tried google with several words: "config file linux"
    or "knoppix -std faq" and a lot more, but no success....

any ideas?

***edit***

i overlooked the knoppix-std faq, on the same page is a link to the forum which contains a sticky for this problem:

knx-hdinstall uses a debian installation , i should have used knoppix-installer, this is the new script which can duplicate the knoppx cd to the hdd in the same way, so my problem is solved!

***edit***

Regal Making Handler
    Ha Ha you just did what i did asked a question about Knoppix STD and answered it yourself. I just got it myself, im running it from a cd at the moment. I'm totaly new to linux so i'm going to play with it for a while before i scratch my hdd and attempt a dual boot.

Only issue i have at the moment is it hangs on boot when checking scsi this is resolved by useing Knoppix noscsi. It also doesn't like my wireless wheel mouse but i think i saw a cheatcode for that.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Here is the cheatcode site, although it does not seem to be up right now. It has alot of options to use and I have printed the list out. Very imformative.

http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt

thanks, i'll go check that site out!!!